Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a question about tapering off of Uceris foam and

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a question about tapering off of Uceris foam and adrenal insufficiency

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent weight loss/gain? Are you excessively thirsty?

No, no

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I was on Uceris foam for 6 weeks for ulcerative colitis. GI symptoms are gone. Uceris doesn't recommend a taper (there's only one metered dose available), but my doc suggested a week of alternate day use before discontinuing. As soon as I skipped a day, I began having withdrawal symptoms (sensitive skin, muscle aches, chills). Still have some withdrawal symptoms ( a little less frequently) after alternating days for a week, so nervous to stop... How should I proceed? Is this dangerous?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

Acute I think

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/17/2017
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Firstly Uceris is much milder as compared to oral or intravenous glucocorticoids. Secondly you were put on just 6 weeks of Uceris . So i would say no need to taper it off. Your symptoms could be due to some other reason as Uceris seems to be the unlikely culprit here.

Its even safe to come off Uceris cold turkey.

Its safe and no hazards associated or documented as such.

I hope it answers your query

What dose of Uceris were you on for 6weeks?