Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Okay... uhm, I have out of nowhere gotten this pain in my…

Customer Question
Okay... uhm, I have...

Okay... uhm, I have out of nowhere gotten this pain in my shoulder, it doesn't restrict my movement, but it feels like its in the "top" of my shoulder almost along my neckline and it hurts quite a bit. I had it for the first time around one and a half weeks ago, and I don't know what it can be!

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I am female, 26, no previous incidents of any rather than these, no medicine I take apart from contraceptive pill... I am 163cm and 57kg... Have not lifted weights recently

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, I don't think so! I haven't had this pain before, its like it moves along the "top lines" of my shoulder and beginning of neck, only the right side these past two times

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/17/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

it sounds to me like you have a pinched nerve in the neck

is this possible?