Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF ABILITY TO SWALLOW RETURNING AFTER A…

Customer Question
WHAT ARE THE CHANCES...

WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF ABILITY TO SWALLOW RETURNING AFTER A STROKE?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes, my sister went to the hospital and Dr. has not given odds of swallowing returning.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She is a diabetic.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 11 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

The returning of the swallowing would be dependent on the lesion size of the brain. If the lesion is small, chance of it returning back is significant. You may write down the MRI findings, which can help ascertain the prognosis.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl