Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am 85 years old with Benin BPH. Recently I had a stress…

Customer Question
I am 85 years...

I am 85 years old with Benin BPH. Recently I had a stress test and ever since I have little control of my urine flow.

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

I haven't seen a uroligist. can't get appt. til Oct 10th. I have to urinate much more after I go to bed about every half

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Hour to an hour

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/16/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Alright, this is known as frequency of micturition and is a sign of BPH. This set of symptoms is also known as Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms (LUTs) and is often seen in BPH.

The treatment is by medication and your Urologist will give you alpha blockers for this.

However, mean while, here is what you need to do to avoid decreasing the frequency at night.

Do not drink water 2 hours before you plan to sleep.

30 minutes before you plan to go to bed, urinate and then urinate once again right before going to bed. This is known as a double void and of course, the second time round you will have to make a little effort for the urine.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.