Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a sore throat, No fever,almost a week, I took a photo…

Customer Question
I have a sore...

I have a sore throat

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?

No fever,almost a week

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I took a photo

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/16/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 11 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

How may I help you with this please?

Hi my throat has a white pus pocket and no fever, how do I get rid of it? I took a video of my throats and screen shot it.
Been sore almost a week just noticed the pus pocket last night.
It hurts to swallow.
Here is a better photo

Got it--thanks

That definitely looks like strep throat

For now you can try some oral probiotics and vitamin C and biotene mouthwash

But if it is strep and you don't get it treated with a course of oral antibiotics you run the risk of rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart valve injury

So it would be best to see your doctor for a culture and the antibiotics

Please let me know if you need any more information

It was swabbed and NOT strep that's why I am asking for help?

OK

So what did your doctor say about it?

That I was not strep.
That IT
Never mind I am going to talk to someone else, you aren't very helpful.

Well I'm trying but you didn't start out by telling me about the swab

Is the sore throat part of it getting any better?