Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a very ichy ear at night when I'm lying on my side…

Customer Question
I have a very...

I have a very ichy ear at night when I'm lying on my side only. It usually occurs after a couple of minutes. It's the ear facing up. It has been going on for a while but only recently turned into every night.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?

For months...since having my son, 4 years ago, I get some dry skin patches on the palms of my hands. I have adult acne (pretty mild and occurs with hormonal changes)

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/16/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

The symptoms you are experiencing are most likely due to otitis externa that is infection of the outer ear which is also called swimmer's ear .The treatment usually include antibiotics but i would recommend you to see your doctor for through examination of your ear with otoscope to confirm the diagnosis and prescription accordingly.

Hope this helps.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

I have no pain.
No thank you..who do I speak with to get my money back?
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor