Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My right dear is bleeding with phleghm, No...I just up from…

Customer Question
My right dear is...

My right dear is bleeding with phleghm

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

No...I just up from bed, drank water, ate cream of wheat

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I suffer balance problems - dizziness often

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/16/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. I just came online to see that you have been waiting for some time so ill quickly answer this question for you. Did you mean to say that you have been bleeding with mucus from your right ear? If so then this could be a sign of an infection in the middle ear cavity or even the external ear. Bleeding with mucus like material coming out of the ear can be an indication of acute otitis media. This is an infection of the middle ear, if you also have affected hearing in the ear then it is possible that the ear drum could have been perforated because of the infection and that would need an immediate clinical examination to be confirmed. In most cases topical in ear antibiotics would be enough to solve the problem along with steroids however in severe cases oral antibiotics may also be needed.

The fact is that bleeding from the ear should never be overlooked and should be evaluated as soon as possible for an infection so that it can be treated before any complications occur.

I would suggest that you have this evaluated by visiting your doctor.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.