Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Continuing with same questions give me some time I'll ask…

Customer Question
Hi doc !Continuing with same...
Hi doc !Continuing with same questions give me some time I'll ask some things and then you just help me out with details thanks !
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Let me re re read everything previous post then let me get things together and then ask you
9/16/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

OK

Dear doc thanks for help yesterday . Okay so we got this straight we don't need to fear discarded syringe . So I am safe to walk at beach barefoot etc wear slippers and walk and also sit where ever I want . We do not have a case of discarded syringe or sharp instrument at public settings for HIV hepatitis b c or stds correct statement2) doc one of the main things I want to know is how can I think kite flying is safe I really need your help on this one . When you are sharing the kite string with colleague etc . If you think he has gotton blood on it and then it cuts you . I would like your opinion on this thank you

Yes discarded syringes are not a worry here at the moment.

Kite flying is safe because the scenarios that you are indicating are very unlikely to happen. By the time you get the thread which has his blood on it and it then cuts you, the virus would have usually died or lost its infectivity to quite some extent. This is not anything which is known to cause transmission of the viruses. Kite flying is a common past time among asians and if this was a mode of transmission then again the HIV epidemic would have been much much larger than what it is. Instead the number of TB patients and other infectious disease patients like malaria outnumber hepatitis and HIv patients by quite a lot.

doc what can I say when we fly kites and get cuts etc . Just say1) blood coming out of person is no longer infectious it's weakened basically it's outside of the body that is why so full stop there ? For HIV hepatitis b c and c2) the repeated cuts we get well they don't provide an access to blood stream basically because they are too small ?3) blood is always flowing outward not inwards from my body my body would be pushing blood out and the string won't be injecting anythingSo I just need a a little reasoning here besides well saying hey kite flying has never trasmited HIV or hepatitis b c sooo why worry . But what reasons may I have so that I can be fully comfortable with this thanks !
This when we basiclly share the kite string immediately with our friend . And he gets cut , gets blood on string then you get cut . And this action is repeated well a million times actually by people . We get several cuts etc and share kite string immediately
what reasoning may I give to myself here since you are an Asian and you would know exactly what I am talking about thanks
Or basiclly cuts is just not a mode of transmission we basiclly need a needle with a syringe attached to it and then we inject blood into the body . But this just cuts no injection and also blood is outside of the body what is science behind it that is all thanks
In short I want to know reasons basically
Then well I'll be very happy

Yes you can use the above reasons to tell yourself that this is why you cant get infected.

But the biggest reason is that HIV IS NOT THIS COMMON that your friends have it or every passer by in the street has it. It is NOT a very common disease, you are under the impression that every person on the street can have HIV, that is like saying that every person in the world can be a murderer.

The biggest reason is that HIV transmission is NOT easy, getting exposed to HIV positive blood directly into your bloodstream or via needle prick holds a 0.03% chance of transmission which means a person can get infected 3 times out of 100,000 pricks. So it is extremely unlikely.

You are seraching for a reason when a reason is very difficult to comprehend, blood coming into contact with an open wound undergoes numerous different micorscopic changes. Your immune system releases various types of cells which recognise and eliminate viruses on their own, secondly a cut on your hand seals up automatically within seconds or atleast starts to seal up within seconds if it is a shallow cut. Only when you cut deep would it take time to stop bleeding

In this scenario, you cant get infected because one, HIV has to be present in the other persons bloodstream and that too in large quantities and if it pesent in large quantities that person wont be flying kites in the first place as he would be too sick to do so. Two, HIV and other viruses dont survive for long when exposed to the sun and the open environment they would usually die on exposure. Three, the body by itself also prevents external pathogen from getting into your bloodstream.

The science behind the immunity and protective factors here is too complicated to get into on this forum. You would need to have basic understanding of the interleukins, chemical mediators, types of T cells, the clotting system to truly understand how this happens.

This for both HIV and hepatitis b c soo .1) in simple blood got out of my firend is basically dead and weakened that it can no longer infect2) cuts are not a mode of transmission I can get repeated cuts etc .3) blood flows out of the body negative pressureYes you are right that person may not have HIV or hepatitis b and c but who cares if he does .4)Basically in my mind any blood that has left the body can no longer infect for HIV and hepatitis b c5)
And when we get cuts unless it's not a stich wound they don't provide entry basiclly . And well blood flow is outward .6)Oh dear I'm a bit stuck on this Matter. But hey doc millions of people are doing and flying kites . They simply said it's not syringe or something and say cuts don't transit HIV or hepatitis b cBasically I don't want to give up this activity of kite flying etc . Like everyone else like you ! .But this is not my saying hey my friend won't have HIV or hepatitis b c etc asking is a bit rude also I think you know sooo yes . But yes kite string activity just need help on thisI'm a little stuck thanks
I have some information on this which I can share if you want but I was looking for you opinion basically also
Can you answer my questions individually thanks ?
Just tell me forget about it and zero risk . Zero totally zero that's how I want go with this
reasoning will help me

I believe i will opt out so another expert can explain this in a better way, as my method of explanation may not be helping you understand this.

Another expert should be along shortly to help you in this regard. Best of luck

Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Your expert has opted out. What is your concern?

Hi doc can you opt out of this question I have your question open in another thread . So I can talk there with you . You may wish to opt of this thread . As I already have a new thread with you no problem thanks
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor