Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had surgery for a very large habitual hernia nine months…

Customer Question
I had surgery for...

I had surgery for a very large habitual hernia nine months ago and just lately it hurts to lie down and I feel like in could vomit all the time

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

It just started like three days ago and nothing right this minute helps

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I don't think so I can't eat only about two tablespoons of soft food like applesauce

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
9/16/2017
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

You probably meant hiatal hernia. Well it seems as if its hurting you again. You will need following measures for helping this;

1. Take antacids like omeprazole 40mg twice a day

2- take drugs that enhance gastric motility e.g motilium, erythromycin

3- smaller meals ,avoid large meals, soda drinks and tea/ coffee

4- yogurt would help

If nothing helps then you will need to go for H pylori testing, if that comes back positive, we would need to eradicate that with a course of antibiotics.

I hopeit helped.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Hello, i hope you are doing great.

Plz do remember to reward credit by leaving a positive rating to my work.

I wish you a healthy life.

Stay blessed.

Regards

Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor