Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a small rash on my side which I thought was possible…

Customer Question
I have a small...

I have a small rash on my side which I thought was possible an allergic reaction but which hasn't responded yet to cortisone cream and I need help figuring out how to treat it

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No I haven't seen a doctor, and I'm not taking any medications I'm just using cortisone cream on it

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No medications, no allergies that I know of

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had a bad cold or a flu last week - not sure if that's relevant. Other than that, no

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
9/16/2017
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age and gender?

Is it painful,itchy?

Please upload a picture to review.

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Are you taking any medications?

Fever?

Any other medications?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

I am a 26 year old female, not taking any medications. I noticed the rash yesterday and today it is slightly worse even though I have been applying cortisone cream. The rash is slightly tender and stings a tiny bit but doesn't itch. It is in two small patches, one on my right side below my armpit and one on the side of my right breast.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

I have reviewed your picture.

Well as you describe,possible causes may include Dermatitis,Shingles.

And this is getting worse over the time so I would recommend to see your doctor ASAP rather than consider a wait and watch approach for proper evaluation and management.

Anti-viral medications should be given.

You should apply cool compresses on affected area.

Take OTC Motrin and Claritin.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor