Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I experience tightness in the lower central chest area (not…

Customer Question
I experience tightness in...

I experience tightness in the lower central chest area (not pain just tightness) and also heart beats faster i feel light headed and sweat heavily. i have had all cardiac tests done and only problem is a slight leak in a valve that doctor said is ok

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Cholesterol is high 8

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
also this has been going on for years, i have also had a camera put doun into my stomach and only thing found was slight inflammation in the stomach wall i have also had liver tests done that was ok
i was with a friend a few days ago when i had an attack and said the symptoms i had where very similar to those he had a few years ago and it turned out to be a gallbladder problem, he had his gallbladder removed and his attacks stopped and his bloatedness and passing of wind (burping) stopped. is this a possibility for my symptoms........i also failed to mention that during and after my attacks i pass a lot of wind (burping)
9/16/2017
Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 11 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

I have a few more questions to ask, is that ok?

have you had an ultrasound of your liver and gallbladder done?

I have had one done on my liver and the result was that it just had some fatty tissue. Did you mean gallbladder and if so no it has not been scanned

yes, I meant gallbladder. looks like autocorrect had different ideas.

have you been on any stomach medications like prilosec or zantac?

I have been taking omeprazol recently to try to cure the problem

how long have you been on omeprazole and at what dose?

For 2 years at 20mg twice a day but it made no difference

have they also looked for a hiatal hernia as well?

I had the camera down a few months ago and they said it was ok

does not should like gallbladder, although there are additional tests they can do to check the gallbladder.

Has your doctor done a heart test called a Holter monitor or Event monitor?

No I don't think so. I was put on a bike and once heart rate was up injected with dye into blood and scanned and then once heart rate had lowered injected with dye into blood and scanned again

So that was a cardiac stress test to look for ischemia or pre-heart attack symptoms. However, an occasional irregular heart rhythm could also explain your symptoms and wouldn't necessarily be seen on the stress test.

do you have any further questions?

If not, I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the series of 5 stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

You can also add a bonus if you were extremely happy with our service today.

You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.

- Dr John.