Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Dr. Im not sure how this app works, I rated you and gave…

Customer Question
Dr.Scott Im not sure how...
Dr.Scott Im not sure how this app works, I rated you and gave feedback like you asked then all of a sudden it says my question is completed. But I didn't get to have my follow up question answered. Will you still answer it?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/15/2017
Doctor: Dr. Scott, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Scott, Doctor
Hi there. Please send your follow up question
Hello thanks Dr.Scott I honestly want him to be the father. Let's assume the first guy didn't use a condom, and let's assume he came inside of me (because I wasn't conscious, I can't believe anything he says) what does that mean then? Also, does this mean the 3rd guy on the 24th doesn't count? I made a huge mistake, and this is my first pregnancy and we (bf and i) both want this pregnancy so bad. But I don't want to keep it if it's not his. I don't want to lose him.

Did I answer your question?

Do you have other questions?

Partially. Ok I have one more question Dr.Scott and please can you try to be a bit detailed about it? I had an ultrasound Sept 9th and it says i was 8w 3days based on the measurement. According to my LMP i was supposed to be 9weeks on September 9th so they pushed me back a bit. Does 8w 3days a measurement based on when I conceived or are measurements still somewhat calculated from LMP. Also, I saw someone asked a similar question and the DR was about to tell her exactly around when she must've conceived based on measurement dates. She said she was 7w 2days from her measurement and the Dr. told her it means she conceived around 5w 2days. Could the case be similar with mine? Thanks Dr.Scott
The DR told her* not was about. Sorry

Jessica, I am sorry, I have been away.

During the first trimester, gestational age can be estimated with greater accuracy than at any other stage of pregnancy because as pregnancy progresses, biologic variation results in wider variation.

8w 3 d puts you at about July 11-12?

If you are on your menstrual cycle (and you used a condom), the chance of pregnancy is very low. However, sperm can live inside you for up to 5 days. You could have sex towards the end of your bleeding and then actually conceive 4 or 5 days later with your early ovulation. The probabilities of getting pregnant while on your period are low, but the possibilities are there.

The ovum remains viable and capable of being fertilized probably no longer than 24 hours after it is expelled from the ovary. Therefore, sperm must be available soon after ovulation if fertilization is to take place. However, like I said, a few sperm can remain fertile in the female reproductive tract for up to 5 days. Therefore, for fertilization to take place, intercourse must occur sometime between 4 and 5 days before ovulation up to a few hours after ovulation. Thus, the period of female fertility during each month is short—about 4 to 5 days after menstruation.

Thank you Dr. Scott. So based on what I told you to me it's impossible for it to be the first guy and I'll explain why and you can give me your expert answer.My last period was 7/7/17 and lasted through the 7/16/17, on 7/12 I had sex with that guy. My period usually last 6-7days but somehow lasted longer. I'm going to assume he didn't use a condom cause I can't trust his words. Let's also keep in mind that I know when I ovulate cause I get really bad pains on the side I'm ovulating on. That month it was on the left side, it's ovarian cyst pain as I have been diagnosed with ovarian cysts before so I know what the pain feels like and I get them every month like clockwork and it makes sex extremely painful. There's no way I ovulated 5days after my period started cause that'll mean I actually conceived on the day we had sex. Now let's assume the sperm did last for 5days and i actually ovulated on day 14 which means I would've ovulated on 7/21. 5days is from 7/12-7/17. His sperm would've died off by the 17th and wouldn't have made it to day 14(expected ovulation day). Now with my boyfriend we had unprotected sex on the 14th, 15th,and 17th and he pulled out, we also had sex on the 23rd when he actually ejaculated in me. Now let's keep in mind that I know when I ovulate. I was still not feeling ovarian pain. I started feeling ovarian pains on the 24,25 and so on. I believe I conceived sometime between the 23-28thIs any of what I said making sense and do you believe it is possible? Please do ask questions if you have any. Sorry I know this might be annoying but it's not making sense to me that's all. Thanks Dr.Scott
Here is my sonogram

You can see how complicated this is, right? That is why we can never know that right individual.

There are a bunch of possibilites due to all the "what ifs?"

What if he did not use a condom?

What if you did not ovulated 5 days later?

What if the sprem did not last 5 days?

What if the sperm actually lasted for 15 days?

What if you were just having stomach pains and not ovulating?

There are too many possibilities to give you a direct answer.

Ok thank you dr Scott

Does that help?

I hope this helps!
Let me know if you have any additional questions.
We only get credit for positive feedback on customers we help.
Please take a moment to rate my services.
You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

You said the ultrasound is very accurate. So that means I got pregnant on the 12? How can Sperm last for 15days? Is it possible to get another expert on this same question? Thank you for trying I appreciate that. I want to ask one more expert.