Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I just received my blood test result wbc (4.09, range= 4.5…

Customer Question
I just received my...

I just received my blood test result wbc (4.09, range= 4.5 to 11), lymoh 1.45 (range =1.5 to 4). Should I be concerned?

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Blood test after fasting

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Well, from the description it sounds that you have slightly low levels of WBC.

If WBC levels are low, then it should not be ignored and have to be evaluated by doctor.

Common possible causes are-

-Aplastic anemia
-Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
-Infectious diseases
-Vitamin deficiency.
-Premature destruction of blood cells by the spleen.

Low lymphocytes can be due to- Fasting, intense physical stress, viral infections such as the flu and hepatitis.

Detailed blood work have to be done for evaluation of right cause.
Many times, patient may not have any symptoms for these disease.
I understand that you do not have any possible symptoms, but it should not be left ignored, and cause have to be evaluated.

Please make an appointment with doctor for management of this issue.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor