Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am on day 9 of a UTI/bacteria infection. After seeing

Customer Question
I am on day...

I am on day 9 of a UTI/bacteria infection. After seeing three clinics, three antibiotics, I am worse today than ever. I feel like my insides are on fire. Is it appropriate to visit a hospital ER in a situation like this? I hate wasting ER physicians time, but I have been to Urgent Care, Minute Clinic, and my primary physician clinic.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes, have taken Fluconazole one-dose twice, nitrofurantoin and cephalexin. This same thing happened five years ago and the only drug that worked was Cipro. My clinic feels this might make things "worse" - how much worse can this get???

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Take Lasix and Synthroid daily, and Humulin. Allergic to Demerol, Vancomycin (infused), Metformin, and Percocet

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, I do not suffer from yeast, bladder, or UTIs. This is highly unusual...I did have part of my foot removed after developing life-threatening sepsis this year.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 11 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

How was this UTI diagnosed?