Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I've been diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and after…

Customer Question
I've been diagnosed with...

I've been diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and after an ultra sound on neck and throat, was also diagnosed with heterogeneous echotexture thyroid. Concurrently have had raspy voice for over 3 months. I have an appointment with an ENT at Eisenhower Medical Center in Rancho Mirage, preparing for a scope. But it is scheduled for 10/2. I'm unsure whether to see and ENT or an endocrinologist first, and if either one, sooner than 10/2. Concerned and needing advice.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?

No. I'm a post-op back patient with titanium rods and screws in the lumbar spine, which definitely causes some burning, tingling, and cramps in the legs, but not elsewhere.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Cancer in two members of my family, one who died of melanoma at age 33.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/15/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 11 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

When were you diagnosed Hashimoto?

Was a biopsy advised for thyroid?

Do you have acid reflux, heartburn, hiatal hernia?