Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Well, here is nothing, I like hiking but during the hike…

Customer Question
Well, here is nothing...

Well, here is nothing, I like hiking but during the hike time my waist line it start to feel weird, numbness, lose of legs power goes away and exhaustion kicks in and from that point on fun goes away as every one has to stop because I am not cutting it, I figured that it may be something like a pinched nerve some where. I hope its something simple

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling at all

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

It only happens when I've done 2 hours or more of hiking at a none stop pace

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/15/2017
Doctor: Dr. Gupta, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor

Could you give some more information regarding your question -

- can you tell your age and gender?

- what is your routine regarding food and fluids when you go for hiking?

- does the problem start with a pain in the stomach area or waits line?

- after how much rest do you recover?

- do you replenish your fluid loss with gatorade or other energy drinks while hiking?

- does pressing on the point on the stomach help?

Regards