Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Yesterday I suffered with uncontrollable itching on my legs…

Customer Question
Yesterday I suffered with...

Yesterday I suffered with uncontrollable itching on my legs and arms. I had to get a wet cloth to rub over these areas. It lasted for 2 hours and then I fell asleep and when I awoke it had gone. Slight red areas where I had been rubbing to stop the itch.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

It has only happened twice. Once, a month ago and just yesterday. Have tried calamine lotion which does not stop the itch. The only thing that slows down the itch is cold wet cloth and continued rubbing on the areas that itch.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I do not think so. I have only had when I was young the chickenpox, missiles and mumps etc.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
9/15/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having uncontrollable itching on legs and arms that happened once, a month ago and just yesterday is most likely suggestive of skin disease known as urticaria.

A hypersensitivity reaction (similar to an allergy) occurs in the skin, causing inflammation. The inflammation causes the skin to become itchy.

Following is recommended for you now:

-Take tablet benadryl once a day.

-Apply cream containing 1 % hydrocortisone.

This will reduce the itching & other symptoms.All these medications are available at your pharmacy as OTC without any prescription.

If still after this,the symptoms persists.then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit is less likely required.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

If you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

I am online & I am waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh