Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My ALT is 153 my AST is 119. What does this mean? ii don't…

Customer Question
Hi My ALT is...

Hi My ALT is 153 my AST is 119. What does this mean? ii don't drink at all

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

I just start feeling contraction from my chest to my stomach and my belly is very swollen like 9 months of pregnancy and I'm not pregnat very tired and I feel terrible

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

/15
8/5/15
1/25/16
4/5/16
4/6/16
8/2/16
4/13/17
6/17/17
6/17/17
6/20/17
6/28/17
7/26/17
9/12/17ALBUMIN
3.8 - 5.0 g/dL

4.4
3.6 L
3.8
4.0
4.5
4.1

4.0
4.1
3.9
4.1ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE
0 - 153 U/L

79
78
81
68
83
85

72
75
69
72ALT
10 - 35 U/L
25
52 H

51 H
55 H
93 H

68 H

66 H
88 H
62 H
153 HANION GAP
7 - 15 mmol/L

13
7
6 L
8
15

10
9
7
6 L
9AST
10 - 35 U/L
25
35

27
31
62 H

42 H

41 H
52 H
39 H
119 H

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

When from 39 in july to 153 in sep

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/15/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 11 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What did your ultrasound, hepatitis panel, CT scan show?

What is your age?

Are you on any medications?

I'm been going to different doctor and everybody say the is normal my result the is a little be high but I just have to loose weigth
but everyday I feel my health is killing me
HCT
35.9 %
I'm sorry I don't have 50
I have Medicaid
but I will pay you tomorrow the is my pay day

Fatty liver changes due to overweight can cause high AST and ALT.

These would come back to normal on reduction of weight.

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

i have all my records in my geisinger i can give you my login and password
they did biopsy too in my stomach

I have reviewed your investigations which you have mentioned here.

If you wish I can review them on your records too.

I am writing you a detailed answer which may take 4-5 minutes.

mygeisinger.org
login :susandylan2000
password:$usaN1604

Hope the following points will clear the raise in your liver enzymes;

1) The liver function tests may be abnormal even in patients with a healthy liver.

2) Studies evaluating the clinical significance of these abnormalities have demonstrated that serious underlying liver disease is uncommon in many individuals.

3) Just this level of enzyme elevation is found in almost 10% of cases without any disease.

4) Only a persistent increase of three fold for three months (tests repeated at monthly interval) will need further studies or invasive investigations like liver biopsy.

5) The other causes should be observed if there is no history of any medications, alcohol abuse and investigation for hepatitis B and C are normal and there are no medical evidence of the following diseases (which can elevate these enzymes); muscle disorders, thyroid disorders, celiac disease, adrenal insufficiency and anorexia nervosa. Obesity and fatty liver too can raise the AST and ALT.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Susan,

I saw your investigations.

Nothing worrisome there.

You may get an ultrasound of the liver.

ok doctor thank u, so i feel like this and is not reason thats what I'm talking about i don't feel good but everything looks normal how weird is that ,i look like pregnant but that mean the I'm just fat ok .thank for your time,and why i feel pain
i going to have the gastric bypass hopefully this help with my simptoms
good night

Good night.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

I can assure you there is nothing worrisome.

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Hope you are doing good.