Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Some years ago I had a Gastric sleeve operation.. Since then…

Customer Question
Some years ago I had...
Some years ago I had a Gastric sleeve operation.. Since then I have developed some Anal incontinance. This is is an occasional problem But what I find most disturbing is I have no clue/urge of the problem when it happens, Mostly happens while standing having Pee.. It has happened while asleep - Just a bubble and always more liquid than solid.. Is this a problem that I must live with for the remainder of my life??
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/14/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

what meds are you on?

I have been taking and anti-seizure (Kopra) Anti depressant (Lovan) Gastric Reflux (Somac). Have had the Stool test (Negative).

can you have a normal bowel movement. Like are the the muscles tight?

Visited a surgeon who tested my muscle and he seemed to believe ok. He then removed a Hemeroid ;thinking that was the problem. But when I get a wind urge I always am very concerned. And I have n considering starting plenty of wind - post sleeve.

I would take citrucel

it helps to bulk up the stool

this will work

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for this question

I strive for 5 star service for all customers

If you have more questions, just reply :)