Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a throbbing headache that is in sync with my heart…

Customer Question
I have a throbbing...

I have a throbbing headache that is in sync with my heart beat. It is only located in my left temple. it pounds twice and then is gone

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

So it lasts maybe 3 seconds and it was happening about twice a day, but it has been steadily increasing. currently i am about at 5

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I take vyvanse for ADD but have been on that for almost three years now, and i do have a migrain about every 2 monthes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/14/2017
Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 11 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.comThis is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.
I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.
Thank you for your patience.
Answers here are for education and information only.
Okay Thank you for your time
When did the symptoms start?
How old are you?
How severe is the headache?
Is there any change in your vision?
Have you checked your blood pressure when it happens?
Have you seen you doctor for this issue yet?
They started about a week and a half ago.
I am 22 almost 23.
The two pounds i feel, feel like someone hitting my temple from the inside with a rubber mallet.If it persisted longer then it has been I would not be very functional.
no change in vision
I have not seen a doctor yet. I am in school, and work full time, and was wondering/ hoping it was stress induced and I could do something on my own to change it.I have not measured my blood pressure as it is for very small amount of time and occur randomly. I do naturally run around 92/68
Because of the severity of the symptoms, I would recommend that you be seen in an urgent care clinic either today or tomorrow. They can do an exam and proper work up.
Does that answer your questions?
I suppose.... it is severe enough to warrant a doctors visit?
If the headache/throbbing feels like a mallet, then would recommend a doctors appointment to get the best evaluation. They can do and exam, order blood tests and other tests if necessary.
Okay, is there anything that would help alleviate the head ache until this appointment?
Does that answer your question?
Would recommend extra strength Tylenol for now
okay thank you so much
You're welcome!

Did my response answer your question?

If so,

I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the series of 5 stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

You can also add a bonus if you were extremely happy with our service today.

You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.

- Dr John.