Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I've had 3 periods in the last 3 weeks along with mirgraines…

Customer Question
I've had 3 periods...

I've had 3 periods in the last 3 weeks along with mirgraines and tiredness, is this something I should just wait and see my OBGYN for or should I be looked at by the ER?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

Cramping each time and pain from the headache. I hadn't had one in a year after my nexplanon was put in but about 3 weeks ago I started to have them and they'll be super heavy for the first couple of hours then slow down to normal.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

This has happened each time I've started in the last 3 weeks.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/14/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 11 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

You should see your Obs/gyne.

Following can be the causes;

1) Fibroid uterus

2) Uterine polyp

3) Endocervical polyp

4) Hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism

5) Prolactin abnormalities

6) Endometrial hyperplasia

7) Other hormonal aberrations

8) Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)

You need to consult your gynecologist as soon as possible for the evaluation and investigations lie ultrasound and blodo work.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you

You are very welcome.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

My gyno can't see me for a month, are there certain signs I should look for that would consult going to the ER?

Periods every week for last weeks, migraine and tiredness are clear indications of some hormone issue. These warrant an early evaluation. Since you are unable to get an appointment, you may go to an urgent care or walk in clinic where blood tests for hormones and an ultrasound can be done.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
This is the link to my profile: