Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

What does it mean when there is watery stool and it it

Customer Question

What does it mean when there is watery stool and it it bloody. I have been to the bathroom 5 times since 6 this morning and each time i have had blood red stool. Also have been gettimg light headed when i stsnd up
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: Just started this morning.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Eric Goldstein replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** and I just read through your question.

In most cases, bloody watery stool is an indication of a bacterial infection. the only way to really no for sure is to have a stool sample sent to a lab for culture. your doctor can do this for you.

The light headedness when you go from sitting or lying down to standing is due to mild dehydration. It is likely that these two symptoms are connected. My recommendation is to have your doctor send a stool sample. Then this can be treated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not possible im 600 miles from home working
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 1 month ago.

Hello I'm Dr Chip

The other expert opted out of the question

How can I help you with this?