Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have received a Morphine sulfate ER for a bad shoulder

Customer Question

I have received a Morphine sulfate ER for a bad shoulder pain and I'm very hesitant in taking it.....Any help would be great
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: I had a seizure and dislocated my right shoulder 4 times since I am on a bone graph list to "salvage " what is left I was on hydrocodone but was given the 100mg MS ER
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Seizures but only had 3 in the last 16 yrs
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Morphine is given as a strong pain killer, you can take any other pain killer in substitute for morphine like ibuprofen or naproxen but if the pain can not be controlled by them you can take hydrocodone as well.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.