Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have received a Morphine sulfate ER for a bad shoulder…

Customer Question
I have received a...

I have received a Morphine sulfate ER for a bad shoulder pain and I'm very hesitant in taking it.....Any help would be great

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I had a seizure and dislocated my right shoulder 4 times since I am on a bone graph list to "salvage " what is left I was on hydrocodone but was given the 100mg MS ER

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Seizures but only had 3 in the last 16 yrs

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
9/14/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Morphine is given as a strong pain killer, you can take any other pain killer in substitute for morphine like ibuprofen or naproxen but if the pain can not be controlled by them you can take hydrocodone as well.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.