Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

My mom just get a report for her neck. and this is the

Hi, my mom just get a report for her neck. and this is the result c1/c2 prevertebral soft tissue thickening i was searching about the possibilities that might happen for that.. any answers?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: She was worrying it might be cancer.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Last few week, her neck causing her head, headache. after went to accupuncture, everything get better. then the guy who did acupuncture for her, ask her go for a xray.. then she found out that thickening stuffs. 8 years ago, she has breast cancer.

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Prevertebral soft tissue thickening is not due to cancer. It occurs because of degenerative arthritis termed osteoarthritis. The treatment is;

1) Neck care in the activities of daily living.

a) No working on computer for more than half an hour in a single stretch. Same for TV.

b) Monitors and televisions exactly in front (180 degrees).

c) Contour pillow: Should fill the hollow when lying on back or straight. Available over the counter.

2) Cervical Collar or Brace

3) Cervical traction

4) Anti-inflammatory analgesics like Ibuprofen

5) Some physicians do give oral steroids in severe radiculopathy cases, in whom pain / numbness / tingling is quite significant.

6) Physical therapy: gradually increasing exercises from passive stretching to active against resistance regime.

7) Electrotherapy in the form of TENS, interferential and laser and ultrasound.

8) Hot fomentation

9) Local analgesic patch / ointment / spray

You can consult following specialists;

a) Orthopedist

b) Neurologist

c) MD in Physical medicine and rehabilitation.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, the information is good. Today my mom went to ENT Specialist, they just put in a camera into my mom nose, throat.. to confirm nothing there. Thank you.

You are very welcome.

Thanks for coming here and update.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/