Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Second opinion] hiJA: How can I help? I went up to mont

Customer Question
Second opinion] hi Doctor's...

Second opinion] hi

Doctor's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

I went up to mont tremblant in quebec a few weeks ago, Soon after i noticed several itch mosquito bite type things on my scalp. There were also 2 lymph nodes on either side of my neck which were enlarged but not painful. This lasted for a week or so and now the bites on scalp settled and the nodes are getting smaller. I was wondering what was this as I never had bites on my scalp before and I never had swollen nodes. Are these actually insect bites and if so what kind?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?

No numbness or tingling. And this happened mid august and lasted for a week or so. The bumps on my scalp are gone. The nodes are still present but much smalleer smaller*

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nope. Im 3 Im 3 Sorry. Im 34 and have no medical issues

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/15/2017
Doctor: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.The common insects seen in the area would include mosquitoes,horse flies,midges or no-see-ums,deer flies,stable flies and black flies.Any bites of these would cause local inflammation and pimple formation leading to lymph node enlargement.As the body's immune system deals with these bites,the nodes will gradually reduce in size to come back to normal within 3-4 weeks.If you still have a problem,consult your PCP/doctor.