Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a colostomy bag and for a few days now it seems that…

I have a colostomy...

I have a colostomy bag and for a few days now it seems that the output is light in color and almost foamy looking. I just finished antibiotics about 3 days ago for c.diff. Should I be concerned about this?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Some stomach cramping and very loose output with a strong odor. no fever or rash

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

Just a few days. no vomiting

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had a fundoplcation and then a revision, during the revision they perforated my intestine which eventually led to a temporary colostomy. I just recently was treated for the c.diff.

9/14/2017
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

any other symptoms?

Not at this time

Yes I would be worried about resistant c diff

you think this could be a return of the c diff? Before the output was watery.

Yes, sometimes it goes from foamy to watery very quickly

C diff is a terrible bacteria and very hard to treat

I recommend repeat test for it ASAp

and make sure they run the c diff PCR and not the toxin test

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor