Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have a drug test tomorrow and did cocaine on Saturday into

Hi I have a drug test tomorrow and did cocaine on Saturday into early Sunday night... should I be good with the 150 ng cutoff?
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: Urine
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not sure

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Well, Cocaine normally stays in the system for approximately 48 hours.

When cocaine is metabolized in the body it undergoes hydrolysis. The process of hydrolysis leaves a by-product known as benzoylecgonine.

As you said, you had used once only, and two grams, So this should be out from your urine in 72 hours.

Yes, you would easily pass test as it has already passed 72 hours.

You would easily pass with 150 ng cutoff.

You are safe and would pass this test.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I also used on the previous thursday... does that take into account? I took a home drug test and I got a negative result but it was 300 ng cutoff...

As you are not a heavy and not a regular user, so 72 hours gap would be enough.

I am sure, you would easily pass through 150 ng cutoff test.

Please be relaxed. You should be safe.

God bless you and take care.

Don’t forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You think I will be ok. I feel a little better with the home drug test coming back negative. What is considered a heavy user?

Yes, you should be ok. I am sure, you would easily pass this test.

Please be relaxed.

A heavy cocaine user is somebody who is daily dependent on cocaine, and consumes about 0.5 grams+ everyday.

You are only a occasional user, and would easily pass this test.

Please don't worry.

Take care.

If you are done,then please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
just for reassurance I'll be at 110 hours since I last did a line of cocaine. I should be able to pass this test?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
fyi I've done cocaine probably 4-5 times in the last 30 days

Hello I'm Dr Chip

You asked for a different expert

Was there anything I could clear up here for you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yeah I've done cocaine probably 4-5 times in last 30 days and am now on hour 100 without doing any... Will I be clean for a drug test at 3 pm today?

I understand

Even with that additional usage in the last month you'd still easily pass the test at the over 100 hour point--you really don't have any reason to worry

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Even with a 150 ng cutoff?

Even then--basically all the metabolites would be out of your system by then

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I'm extremely nervous that the Benzoylecgonine will stay longer... I've read 2-3 days then 4-5 days and even longer.

Only with consistent daily use over a prolonged period of time might it go as long as 4 days

I promise you there's no need for you to worry--you'll pass the test

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just took another at home drug test and the line is extremely faint... like tough to see. Does that mean anything?

Yes--that's basically a negative test

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think I'm going to fail this test. I took a at home quick screen drug test yesterday and passed. Today I took 2 first check drug test and the 2nd line didn't appear until around the 10 minute mark. I'm freaking out right now

I understand but I assure you you'll pass

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How are you so sure... the 2 test today make me feel like it wasn't a fluke

I'm sure because I do drug screens on many patients for various reasons and I'm very knowledgeable about this

I wouldn't be telling you you'll pass unless I was absolutely sure

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also I have drank a lot of water in the past 24 hours my urine was clear which the collector commented on... Will that be a problem especially with dilution

I don't think so--that usually doesn't invalidate the test

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm very nervous with the 2 home test I took today... it seemed like I failed the test
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If you look at it I've done cocaine twice over the past 7 days. I am very nervous that I will fail this test and lose my job.

I understand but again from what you've told me there's no way you will fail

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm not get a warm and fuzzy let tell you

I understand but what more can I tell you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
One last question... when do you think I will be in the clear? It's 1 pm eastern time where I'm at and I know they UPS the sample to NC. When should I stop worrying about a MRO call?

It should undergo the test on Monday in that case and if no call by Wednesday you'd be in the clear

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It would undergo the test today? I took the drug test yesterday so it should be there by today

OK

In that case if no call on Monday you'd be in the clear

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you think my chances are pretty good? I'm just stressing hard cause I could lose my job

I understand completely

But again I'll just say you'll pass--I have no doubt of that

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm still stressing that I will get a call about failing. How long does this process typically take? Please take into count this is for a fortune 500 company. The sample was taken on Thursday at 3 pm.

Hello. This is Dr. Love. The system says that you have requested a new expert.

The time of the process varies. If they sent the sample by overnight delivery, so that it was received in the lab on Friday, then the screening test would be done that day. If the screening test was positive, a confirmatory test, such as GC/MS would be done that day or the next day. The other expert is correct that the result would usually be available to the MRO on Monday, so you would typically be contacted by the MRO on Monday if there were any issues.

However, you also have to realize that there are always snafus that can happen. Although the process occurs according to plan on the vast majority of days, there are situations that can arise. A machine may break and need maintenance. Someone may suddenly get sick, including the MRO.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know. If I have answered your question, please provide a positive rating so that I am credited for assisting you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you agree with the other experts that I will pass this test
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also do you think all this process would have been done on Friday due to the safety sensitive position of my job

Yes, I agree that you should pass the test.

Whether all this could have been completed on Friday depends more on the time at which the sample was delivered to the lab, not the safety sensitive position of your job. As I said above, the screening test certainly would be done on Friday, but the confirmatory test, such as GC/MS, is much more involved and takes longer, and if it is later in the day, the lab will typically wait until the next day.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I should be good by end of day tomorrow or a least feeling a little warm and fuzzy

Yes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1 pm on monday and still haven't heard anything... are my chances good here?

Yes. Your chances are excellent.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
2230 pm and still haven't heard anything... should I be ok?

Yes, you should be OK.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I should stop stressing? I really appreciate the time btw

Yes, you should stop stressing.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok is there a timeframe when the mro needs to call by?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I mean this all seems like ample time for the results to get back

There is no mandatory time by which the MRO needs to call.

Yes, typically this is ample time, but as we discussed above, snafus can happen. Since the process happens on time the vast majority of time, you should be OK and you should stop stressing. But in the unusual situation when a snafu happens, no company is going to say that the MRO must have called by a certain timeframe.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there chain of command though

If you mean chain of custody, yes, chain of custody can be maintained over any period of time. When forensic cases require advanced tests that takes weeks and months to return, chain of custody can be maintained.

Chain of command would vary according to each company and I am not sure how it is pertinent to drug testing procedures.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok... I just over think everything and I just want to stop stressing about this.

I understand. All that I can say is that you should try to relax, although I realize that it is frequently easier said than done.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
145 pm and still haven't got a call... is it safe to say I'm on the clear
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Any response here

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Please send 5 stars above so we can close this question out.

We understand your anxiety, but you should pass the test.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Still feel like I'm not completely clear of this. It's been 7 business days since my random test. Do you think this is enough time for the whole process and I should be ok

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5573903/

This is a good article

yes, I bet your urine test will not show cocaine or benzoylecgonine

you should seek help to stop cocaine use if you are having a hard time staying away from cocaine.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Believe me that's the plan. I haven't used since this whole ordeal. Just wondering if enough time has passed before an MRO would contact me. This is a FAA safety sensitive random drug test. So I'm hoping it was completed quickly at the lab

yes, you should be testing negative.

get into a treatment program so you don't use again.

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
But do you believe that I'm good with the MRO

yes, I believe you are good with your medical review officer.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Also I really don't understand that article... I get the cutoff levels but how much was the user ingesting for this level cutoff

different patients where using different amounts of cocaine in the study.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.