Medicaldoctor
Medicaldoctor, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/MS
17287913

I recently had exrays of my lungs and there was found a on

Customer Question

I recently had exrays of my lungs and there was found a mark on my right lung. My primary Doctor believes there is nothing to get alarmed. Should I get this mark checked in about another year?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I am not taking any medication for this, but I do have an inhalor for asthma and have chronic broncitis.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I am allergic to the following: Sulpha, Cipro, Avapro, Penicelin, Teragosin-HCI, Lisinopril, Amlodi Pine, Gesylate, Tabs, Clindamycin 150 mg. Sorry for the spelling....
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing that I can think of....I take Eplenone 25mg, Finastride 5mg,Foltex tabs,Metaprolak Suce ER 25 mg, Foltex tabs,Crestor 10mg, asparin 81 mg, symbicort 160/4.5 (1 tab daily) and Male 50+ Vitamins.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Medicaldoctor replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

I'm reviewing your question and will post an answer in a moment

Thank you for your patience.

So this spot seen on x ray is a pulmonary nodule which is harmless and benign in majority of the cases.

It is caused by lungs infections as in your case due to chronic bronchitis.

There is nothing to be worried at all as it does not cause any harm.

If your symptoms change suddenly or if you notice any blood while coughing or other alarming signs like significant weight loss only then you should have further tests.

At the moment there is nothing to be concerned.

I hope this helps

Do let me know if you have any queries.

If done for now please do leave a positive 5 star rating by clicking on the stars on top left of this thread.You can ask any follow up questions even after rating this positively.

Thank you

Regards

Please don't forget to rate this positively with 5 stars,as this is the only way we experts are credited for our consultation and you are not charged for giving a positive rating.

Thank you