Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What does minimal peripheral scarring and dependent changes…

Customer Question
What does minimal peripheral...

What does minimal peripheral scarring and dependent changes are accetuated by mild respiratory motion this was noted on my ct scan recently or the lower chest also noted was minimal architectural changes in lung bases without suspicious nodularity or effusion that was under the impressions part

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

My health is fine this was a ct scan to observe a hernia for an operation and they did an abdominal ct scan

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/13/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Please type in exactly what the report says

i just typed it it on the top part of this page

I think you have a word or two wrong.

Mild respiratory motion would not be seen on a CT

i am typing it exactly as it was presented minimal peripheral scarring and dependen changes are accentuated by mild respiratory motion i speedwalk 30 miles a week never noticed any shortness of breath so i am confused

OK

So, minimal scarring means that there was an infection at some point in your life.

Many people have this, and it is not significant if there are no current problems or active infection.

What they are saying then is that your breath was not a full breath, hence minimal motion for the test, and this makes the scarring look worse than in is.

Otherwise, no masses, everything normal.

Ok, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually at the top of the page]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed

but what about the dependent changes
i was more concerned about the dependent changes that are accentuated
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Still need help?
my questioned wasn't answered what does dependent changes of the lung base accentuated by mild respiratory motion mean in the ct scan
my question is straight forward either you know the answer or you don't already its been an hour last time I spoke with a dr here it took 10 minutes to get the answer
Dependant is referring to the bottom of the lung. Likely they saw what looked like atelectasis or fluid. But it looked worse than it actually was due to respiratory motion
they summarized it b saying minimal architectural changes in the lung base without suspicion of nodularity or effusion what does this mean
does that confirm what you said

Yes, it does.

It means the lung architecture looks fine. The structure of the lungs is fine with no bumps or fluid

if the lung architecture wasn't fine how would the report read in our opinion why on the ct report under impressions the fact there was dependent changes wasn't mentioned but was mentioned under findings I am assuming that impressions is more of a conclusion

Exactly. It is more of a summary.

If the architecture was abnormal they would say, "architecture is abnormal"...