DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I just was told I have a thickening of stomach non

I just was told I have a thickening of stomach non distended, i have its too. what does that mean?
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: no not nausea, or vomiting but a tender abdomen
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have had ibs for two years and frequent bloating and mucous in stool.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

What test did you have that gave this impression?

Do you have a report to type in?

Thickening of the stomach is not a diagnosis and does not necessarily mean anything.

What did your doctor tell you exactly?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1)2 weeks ago, pain in abdomen
UTI quick care no burning cipro 7 days
62 female
Felt better and then got worried with more pain after eating a lot of nuts. Next day went back to quick care and was fearful of diverticulitis because my mom had it.
She sent me to er and they did a Ct scan and ultrasound.
The Ct scan was not that good so he did an ultrasound.
He said I had a mass in my uterus that was probably a fibroid. I have had a fibroid for years. He didn't mention the Ct scan except to say my bowels looked fine and no sign of diverticulitis. When I went to my gastro he read all the reports and told me the Ct scan "apparent mucosal wall prominence within the stomach. Please clinically correlate. Findings may be simply related to nondistension but gastritis or other causes of mucosal wall prominence cannot be excluded"
I have a colonoscopy scheduled and scope. But I'm freaking out! I realize you can't tell me %100 answer but I am also a breast cancer survivor of 11 yrs.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also just went to gyno and he said I still have luekacites in my pee so he's going to send it for a culture. Plus have had mucous in my stool for two years. No blood or crohns after doing stool samples.

OK

Gastritis is common.

Stomach ulcer can also do it.'

The only way to be sure is a scope.

Not a colonoscopy, but EGD.

If it is simply that the stomach was non distended, then there is no problem. So if you have no stomach symptoms, such as burping, pain in the stomach itself, etc. it is not likely anything.

OK< let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually at the top of the page]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Does leukacites in the urine mean I have an infection? I took cipro for a week but the litmus still showed leukacites