Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had dark stools since yesterday. A little

I have had dark...

I have had dark brown stools since yesterday. A little constipated. I've been eating liverwurst for lunch everyday for a week. Can that make a difference? Should I stop eating it?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Altace and Zynthroid. No I have not seen a doctor since last week. Had complete bloodwork and everything was fine.

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Fine

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/13/2017

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Dark brown stools aren't an indication of bleeding or a liver problem and usually they are caused by what you eat

If you stop the liverwurst the color should get back to normal in a couple of days

Please let me know if you need any more information

Could the liverwurst cause the darker stool though?

Absolutely

Thank you

My pleasure and call on me anytime