Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter has Crohn's disease. Blood tests show iron

Customer Question
My daughter has Crohn's...

My daughter has Crohn's disease. Blood tests show iron saturation 8%, platelets 563, MCH 26.3 and C-Reactive Protein 47. Obviously this is a Flare. My question is when should we take her to the emergency room? She is so tired but not in much pain yet.

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Routine blood work

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She had a fistula in her ileum that connected to her ovary and became an abscess. She was hospitalized for about 9 days for this. That is the only surgery. She was diagnosed with Crohn's in October 2016. Surgery was in February 2017.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/13/2017
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well as physicians we always look to treat the symprtoms / clinical findings rather then the labs so if she is doing alright without any pain or too much bowel distress then its not at all urgent to visit ER . You can wait and watch for now.

Hope your query is answered.

Plz let me know if you have any further queries.

Please reward a 5 stars rating if you are satisfied.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Regards

You need to watch her bowels, besides pain abdomen. If it gets worse on both accounts, alongwith the elevated CRP ,you should seek help.