Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

My daughter has Crohn's disease. Blood tests show iron

Customer Question

My daughter has Crohn's disease. Blood tests show iron saturation 8%, platelets 563, MCH 26.3 and C-Reactive Protein 47. Obviously this is a Flare. My question is when should we take her to the emergency room? She is so tired but not in much pain yet.
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: Routine blood work
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: She had a fistula in her ileum that connected to her ovary and became an abscess. She was hospitalized for about 9 days for this. That is the only surgery. She was diagnosed with Crohn's in October 2016. Surgery was in February 2017.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 month ago.

Well as physicians we always look to treat the symprtoms / clinical findings rather then the labs so if she is doing alright without any pain or too much bowel distress then its not at all urgent to visit ER . You can wait and watch for now.

Hope your query is answered.

Plz let me know if you have any further queries.

Please reward a 5 stars rating if you are satisfied.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Regards

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 month ago.

You need to watch her bowels, besides pain abdomen. If it gets worse on both accounts, alongwith the elevated CRP ,you should seek help.