Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have an external hemorrhoid that hurts. I got it 3 days

Hi Doctor, I have an external...
Hi Doctor,
I have an external hemorrhoid that hurts. I got it 3 days ago and it is getting bigger.
I put Vaseline on it but the pain is still there. No blood comes out from it. I never had this before. Never!!
I don't know what to do to get rid of it. Any suggestions please?
Thank you
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/13/2017

Hello I'm Dr Chip

For now you can apply 1% over the counter cortisone cream twice a day for this

If that doesn't help, prescription anusol HC suppositories will

Please let me know if you need any more information

Thank you Doctor. How can I get the prescription of anusol HC suppositories?Thanks again

My pleasure

You'd have to see your doctor for that but the hydrocortisone cream alone should take care of your problem

Thank you so much

You're welcome and call on me anytime

Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor