Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I woke up several hours later than usual and the left side

i woke up several hours later than usual and the left side of my scalp is numb, soon had to go go back to bed. just woke again, scalp still numb and noticed ankles swollen - left side warm and right side cold,
JA: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: no fever.I think, have hypothyroidism, arthritis, fibromyalgia
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Do you have any weakness of limbs, slurred speech?

What is your age and gender?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
female, 65, just general exhaustion, no slurred speech

Just numbness on one side in absence of any weakness of particular area can be due to nerve compression due to lying on that side for prolong period of time. I would recommend you to wait and monitor as mostly numbness go away on its own however if it does not get better in one day do get this examined by your doctor to rule out anything concerning. Keep your legs elevated on pillow while lying down.

Hope this helps.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.