Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

What can I do to get my bowel movements in the morning or

What can I do to get my bowel movements in the morning or late at night. I'm on a low carb diet and drink about 1 gallon of water a day. But with this diet at times a bowel movement comes unexpected and have to go real fast with bad stomach cramps. I did however started taking fiber in the morning.

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Since when do you have this complaint of urgency? Do you wake with such an urgency from sleep? How old are you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No i do not wake from this it happens unexpected during the day, before this diet I usually went in the morning and I was fine all day. I'm 34

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Okay, so in your case clearly this urgency is due to the change in your diet. You are doing the correct thing by taking fiber. Along with this taking probiotic supplements such as probiotic capsules, every day will help regularize your bowel movements. Zinc supplement will also help.

Take care.

Did I answer your question? Please reply.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I also take magnesium, fish oil, and I'm on metformin would that be a problem taking zinc and a probiotic ? Well this give me regular bowel movements in the morning ?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

You can safely take zinc and probiotic along with your present medication and supplements. There is no interaction between them. These supplements will help you have regular bowel movements in the morning.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger for a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!