Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband is feeling numb in a part of his hand right under…

Customer Question
Hi, my husband is...

Hi, my husband is feeling numb in a part of his hand right under his index finger and I notice that the vein is a little bulged in that area. It's been there for around 2 days now

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Nothing in particular Healthy

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/13/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 8 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Is it only his index finger that's involved here--none of his other fingers?

Sorry I was mistaken,It's between his pinky and ring finger on his left hand

OK

Any pain in that elbow?

no

OK

This is caused by an ulnar nerve problem--likely a nerve compression in his elbow even if there's no elbow pain

Since it's gone on for two days he needs to have his doctor check it out with an exam and an MRI of the elbow

Usually physical therapy resolves that problem

Please let me know if you need any more information

Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor