Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am 55 years old and i drink a lot my test results just

Customer Question

Hi i am 55 years old and i drink a lot my test results just came back at AST was 56 and ALT was 90 i have drank all my life does this mean my liver is failing.
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: no symptoms
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

The values are not that high as in failure but ther are mildly raised which can be due to mild to moderate injury to liver most likely by drinking. This is the time that you can reverse this by decreasing drinking and it will prevent further damage..

Hope this helps.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.