Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is there that something you can take over the counter to…

Customer Question
Is there that something...

Is there that something you can take over the counter to control too much gas. It can get embarrassing.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I know I am not eating right & I have been trying to correct that. I have been taking phazyme gas & acid.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He knows that I have been pretty bad spells with Fibromalgia. I don't know of any thing else. The pain medicine constipate me.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I am allergic to sulphur drugs. I take a blood pressure medicine and Venlafaxine and Gabapentin for fibro, multiple vitiam

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/13/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

To prevent gas avoid taking fried,spicy,salty,chilly food items.Stop taking all those things that irritate your stomach or cause your symptoms to flare up. Don't talk and chew at the same time. This causes you to swallow air, which may cause gas.Chew food slowly and eat smaller meals.

Following is recommended for you:

• Activated charcoal tablets, such as CharcoCaps may be taken.They can be purchased over the counter.It is the fastest way to cure stomach bloating/gas problem The problem of excess gas resolves with use of activated charcoal tablets.
  • Take tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg twice a day.Both these are available as over the counter (OTC)without a prescription & will help you greatly.

If still after this,the symptoms persists.then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms of gastric trouble gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit is less likely required.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Have you taken these above described medications?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh