Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Carbon monoxide exposure below 100. Awakened by detector.

Customer Question
Feel fine do I need...
Carbon monoxide exposure below 100. Awakened by detector. Feel fine do I need to go to emergency room
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/13/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your exposure. Actually you would need to go to the ER IF you had any of the following symptoms,

• Dull headache
  • Weakness
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Shortness of breath
  • Confusion
  • Blurred vision
  • Loss of consciousnes

If you seem to be getting a headache which is accompanied by nausea or vomiting or ANY of the above symptoms then you need to ehad to the ER. Another symptom which can be commonly seen in these situations are cherry red cheeks, which means that the cheeks would have a reddish discoloration and if that appears then you should head to the ER. But for now, open up the windows, make sure that the room is well ventilated, DONT sleep in the same room and change your location. Stay awake for 1-2 hours and see if those symptoms appear and if they dont then you should be fine.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.