Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I have a question about these bumps on my penis shaft on the

I have a question about these bumps on my penis shaft on the foreskin patches of small white bumps. Painless and do not itch

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

History of unprotected sex?

Please upload a picture to review.

Are you taking any medications?

Any medical history?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Unprotected sex yes. I've had protected sex with some high risk women. Not taking any medication now. Really just want to know what you think it may be.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is from a different angle. Are you still there?

Do you have any systemic skin condition?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not to my knowledge. The doctor said I had angiokeramtoma and she burned off those. does it look like herpes or hpv to you?

No these don't look like herpes.

I do think they may be sebaceous gland cyst or folliculitis.

Since you have a history of unprotected sex HPV may also be a possibility.

But these don't look like typical warts.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The thing is the bumps themselves have a whiteish tip or color. And the bumps have been there for a few months and I think I've seen more. My GP tried me on aldara 5% for 3 weeks to no avail. There's been no difference. In your expansive medical experience would u say it's a high probability for hpv to look like this or have u seen it look like that.. or would you lean towards something else?

Since the bumps have whitish tips i do think they are caused due to blocked duct/collection of sebum.

The sebaceous gland produces the oil called sebum that coats your skin. Cysts can develop if the gland or its duct, the passage where oil is able to leave, becomes damaged or blocked.

Small cysts are typically not painful.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thanks doc i don't know if you could maybe show a colleague the pic as well and confirm what u think. Thanks for the assistance

I am opting out of this question so that other doctors in forum can answer this and provide second opinion to your case.

The other expert has opted out.

Actually these pictures are not consistent with herpes or HPV/warts. Infact what they look like are fordyce cysts, these are harmless bumps over the penis or in the groin which are essentially enlarged sebaceous cysts. Fordyce spots are small (1–5mm), slightly elevated yellowish or white papules or spots that can appear on the glans or shaft of the penis. Fordyce spots are a variant of sebaceous glands (the glands that normally produce sebum and are usually found within hair follicles). Fordyce spots are visible sebaceous glands without hair follicles. They are present in 80–95% of adults. They are probably present at birth but become bigger and more visible later on. Usually they need NO treatment but if necessary they can be removed via laser treatment.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sorry I have travelled and I'm not quite seeing where u are telling me to rate the service. Could you tell me from this pic if it appears different to you

Thanks for the response,

This pic indicates that they are fordyce spots and i would not change my opinion here. These are not herpes or warts at all.

You can rate by clicking on the 5th star in the box on the top right or left hand corner of your screen.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I'm going to log on to my laptop and do it.. this phone won't allow me to do it. Thanks doc

You are welcome, best of luck!

Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Hey Doc, I've just recently noticed a bump on my upper thigh close to groin I'm gonna show you a pic before I applied a warm rag to it and after. Could you advise me?

Hello again,

Attach the picture.