Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My Brother has been Diagnosed with Heart Failure He is 53…

Customer Question
Hi Doctors My Brother has...
Hi Doctors My Brother has been Diagnosed with Heart Failure He is 53 and aapparently his age is on the young side for this ailment He takes several medications including Elliquis. I worry that his habits of bad food and smoking about ten ciggaretts a day is getting in the way of his recovery. My question is and I know that every one is different What is my brothers life expectancy I have heard it's not good please let me know He's my best friend and I Love him very much Thank You ***** *****
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/13/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Matt, do you know what his ejection fraction is?

does he drink alcohol?

has he had a heart attack?

He does not drink alcohol but he is a recovering crack addict and yes he had a heart attack and is being treated at the Cleveland clinic

what is his ejection fraction?

I'm sorry I don't know what that is?

the percentage of pumping his heart has

do you have a copy of his echo?

just click send to reply