Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

8 yo old complained that his spine hurts. he said that is…

Customer Question
8 yo old complained that...
8 yo old complained that his spine hurts. he said that is has been hurting for weeks, but he only mentioned anything to anyone 2 days ago. upon inspection, there is a bruise on his spine. worry?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
9/13/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

A bruise can mean many things in an 8 year old and should be evaluated by his doctor. This could be due to trauma, a result of bullying or due to an infection.

The true nature of the bruise can only be established by a doctor's clinical examination.

I would suggest that you take him to the ill-child clinic tomorrow.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

this sounds worrisome

Yes, I recommend that you seek medical attention for him.

i should worry, then?

Do not get worried, an examination is required to rule out anything concerning.

Hope this helps.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor