Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

8 yo old complained that his spine hurts. he said that is…

Customer Question
8 yo old complained that...
8 yo old complained that his spine hurts. he said that is has been hurting for weeks, but he only mentioned anything to anyone 2 days ago. upon inspection, there is a bruise on his spine. worry?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/13/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

A bruise can mean many things in an 8 year old and should be evaluated by his doctor. This could be due to trauma, a result of bullying or due to an infection.

The true nature of the bruise can only be established by a doctor's clinical examination.

I would suggest that you take him to the ill-child clinic tomorrow.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

this sounds worrisome

Yes, I recommend that you seek medical attention for him.

i should worry, then?

Do not get worried, an examination is required to rule out anything concerning.

Hope this helps.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.