Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have stomach bloating after drinking fluid following an…

Customer Question
I have stomach bloating...

I have stomach bloating after drinking fluid following an open abdominal hysterectomy and it takes ages to get to my bladder I feel like i am retaining fluid all the time abd have gained a lot of weight can you please help m

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

Nausea i have had to reduce fluid intake to 500mil a day and still feel sick and like i am not enptying fluid prperky This has been going on 3 years

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No vomitting just nausea Underactive thyroid History of abdomibal procedures for excision of endronetosis prior to the hysterectomy

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
9/12/2017
Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

I have a few more questions to ask, is that ok?

Ok

are you having any fever or chills?

No

any diarrhea or loose stools?
And the symptoms have been present for 3 years?

No diarria or loose stools and symtoms have bern present for 3 years

Have you been prescribed any medications for this problem?
have you seen a GI (gastroenterologist) and if so, have they done any tests?

Gastro done endoscopy smart pill test breath test
Slow transit found but how does this effect fluid in the stomach ?

with slow transit time, the fluid and food in the stomach won't move out of the stomach and thru the intestine as quickly and will cause symptoms of bloating and/or cramping

The food moves quicker than the fluid and the fluid feels it is in my stomach for days and days what can be done about this

there are some medications that help increase how quickly food and liquids move through the stomach and intestines. in the US, one drug metoclopramide

I would talk to your doctor to see if this medication is available in the U.K.

Does that answer your question?

Do you believe that this condition would be causing fluid to sit longer in my stomach
Just sent you another query

yes, it could be causing your condition

Did my response answer your question?

If so, I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the series of 5 stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

You can also add a bonus if you were extremely happy with our service today.

You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.

- Dr John.

Thank you one more question
I took antibiotics for an entroccus infection this helped the fluid move down more wuicklyThen i was trialled with antibiotics for a h plori infection this made the fluid move down wuicker thsn it slowed diwn againWould this condition be improved by antibiotics as the symtoms were on the two occasions when antibiotucs were used?

probably not unless there was an infection that the antibiotics were treating. I would recommend seeing your doctor and they can change to see if you have h. pylori again and then decide on antibiotics.

H plori wss never diagnosedHow is it diagosed?

it can be diagnosed with blood test, stool test, biopsy of the stomach lining or a breathe test. Your doctor will decide which test is the best one to order for you.

Does that help?

Which bloid test?

there is a blood test for h. pylori

Did my response answer your question?

If so,

I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

- Dr John.

Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD