Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Medical Physician
98629655

I have been taking Bromazepam 3m daily for about 2 years

Customer Question

Hello, I have been taking Bromazepam 3m daily for about 2 years now, and I want to start quitting this medicine, but I want to know how the plan it should be like so I don't cause some problems with the withdrawal.I want to make it slow and safe.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Only Bromazepam 3 mg and no allergic reactions to any medication
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I used to take trittico for one year and a half and I did quit it, and also cipralex that I quit for 3 months now, bromazepam is the only medicine left but the doctor I used to go to is not available anymore and I tried several and I am a bit worried because I want someone I trust to guide me on how to quit Bromazepam the only one left.I am doing CBT sessions 2 times a week for 4 weeks now
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Doctor John MD replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

glad to hear that you have been able to get off so many of the medications.

how is your anxiety currently?

Its important to slowly taper off the bromazepam to avoid withdrawl symptoms. Every patient is different and the length of the taper may have to be lengthened depending on symptoms.

most experts recommend tapering the dose by 25% every two weeks, although some patients may need 3 or more weeks a lower dose until they feel stable to continue the taper

Here is a link to a website that explains about tapering from benzodiazepines (which is what bromazepam is)

https://www.va.gov/PAINMANAGEMENT/docs/OSI_6_Toolkit_Taper_Benzodiazepines_Clinicians.pdf

I would recommend that you find another doctor to help manage and supervise your taper off the medication as well.

Did my response answer your question?

If so, I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the series of 5 stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

You can also add a bonus if you were extremely happy with our service today.

You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.

- Dr John.