Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am developing aching in my fingers on my left hand, my…

Customer Question
I am developing aching...

I am developing aching in my fingers on my left hand, my knees, elbows, and both big toes. What can be the cause of this.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

I don't know and no swelling. I am looking at what I eat as a possible cause, and I was drinking 5 hour energies

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I workout 6 days a week , I drink 10 to 12 glasses of water everyday.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/12/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 11 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Any redness or warmth in these joints?

I am 45 woman. No redness or warmth

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Your symptoms can be due to gout.

This occurs due to increase of uric acid in blood and deposition of uric acid crystals in joints.

The other possibility of the diagnosis can be autoimmune arthritis.

Ibuprofen can help you.

Following measures will help in resolving the attack;

1) Avoid alcohol and sweetened drinks, preserved fruit juices

2) Plenty of liquids and water

3) Avoid Organ meats, poultry, sea-food

4) Also avoid Pulses and lentils

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/gout-diet/HQ00765

Milk and yogurt are beneficial in the gout. Please see the slide show and dietary measures in this resource;

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=41630

Colchicine is taken for the acute attack.

You would need following blood work

Serum uric acid

ESR

CRP

Autoimmune panel.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl