Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I NEED TO ASK QUESTION FOR PULMONOLOGIST, MY HUSBAND DID ct

HI, I NEED TO ASK...
HI, I NEED TO ASK QUESTION FOR PULMONOLOGIST
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: MY HUSBAND DID ct AND THEY FOUND INFILTRATE OR MASS, I AM SO SCRAED.CAN I SEND YOU CT REPORT TO SEE?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: NO
I attached those files with CT report for my husband, please review them. Thank you
9/12/2017
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

Does he have a follow up appointment with his regular doctor scheduled yet?

And does he have a history of smoking?

WE ARE GOING TO SEE PULMONOLOGIST 26 SEPTEMBER.
NO, HE IS NOT SMOKING
JUST IT LOOKS LIKE PHEMNONIA?

How long has has he had the cough and was he coughing up any blood?

NO BLOOD AND HE HAS IT 2 MONTH ON AND OFF

Ok, there are two possibilities:

the first is that the mass is from a lung infection/pneumonia
the second possibility is that it is from a lung cancer

The pulmonologist will review the CT scan images and will most likely recommend a needle biopsy of the tissue or a test called a bronchoscopy, where the insert a camera on a thin tub down the throat and into the lung to get the biopsy.

The biopsy will be able to tell if the mass is from an infection or lung cancer.

The good news is that since he is a smoker, he has a lower risk of lung cancer.

Does that answer your question?

Hi, I wanted to see if you still had questions about your husband?

thank you, ***** ***** cannot believe it can be cancer, she never smoked

Its rare, but even non-smokers can sometimes get lung cancer. So its important to keep your appointment with the pulmonologist so they can get an accurate diagnosis.

Do you have any other questions?

If not,

I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the series of 5 stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

You can also add a bonus if you were extremely happy with our service today.

You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.

- Dr John.

Very helpful

You're welcome!

Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD
I did not mention that we saw pulmonologist and he looked on CT and put diagnostics pneumonia. He gave my husband antibiotics for 2 weeks and says repeat x Ray in 3 weeks. Why he is so sure that my husband has phenomonia?

He's able to look at the images on the CT scan as well as take a detailed history and examination, which helps guide clinical judgement. Glad to hear that he thinks its pneumonia and not a lung cancer. He should be on the mend soon.

Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD