Eric Goldstein
Eric Goldstein,
Experience:  MD at Kid Care Pediatrics
94200738

Second opinion] I broke out in hives 3 days ago very badly,

Second opinion] I broke out in hives 3 days ago very badly, never had them before. Went to the hospital, doctor didn't even look at them just gave me 2 shorts and benedryl pills to take and Prednisone. Lasted all day today and just woke up in the middle of the night with it starting again. took more meds. I don't kow how bad this is or how long it lasts. I have a trip to Alaska today very expensive and lose my money if I don't go. What to do? I also bought some benedryl spray to put on me Haven't slept for 3 days and exhausted. Doctor at hospital was useless. He didn't even look at my body.JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?Customer: not allergic to anything, take omeprezol and valium daily. never had a reaction before these last 3 daysJA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?Customer: no I tried using this service a few minutes ago and it wouldn't let me put my cc info in.

Hello. My name is***** and I just rewad through your question.

What you are describing is very typical for hives. Yes, the doctor at the hospital should have been more thorough. But, hive can come and go for 1-2 weeks even after treatment has begun. They can even spread or migrate from one part of the body to another. I recommend continuing treatment for at least seven days, and by all means, go on your trip. This is not a reason to cancel.