Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

Been having lower back pain for moths now also pain running

Customer Question

Been having lower back pain for moths now also pain running up & down the backs of my legs now when having bowel movement aweful pain in hip area
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Hurts so bad that I have to get up from commode & move about even though I'm not finished
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Night urges to urinate sometimes don't make it in time just from bed to bathroom which is very close
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

What are the investigations done?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
57 female

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Hello Tamara,

One of reason of this kind of pain is pelvic floor problems and weakness. Several organic and functional disorders of the pelvic organs, anorectum, and the pelvic floor musculature cause pelvic pain and back pain. One of the cause to be considered for your pain is levator ani syndrome. Ask your physician to consider this entity and get the following investigations;

1) defecography,

2) pelvic and lower back MRI

3) nerve-conducting velocities and needle-electromyographic studies are used to help evaluate compression or entrapment neuropathy and pelvic floor function.

The treatment is following;

1) electrogalvanic stimulation,

2) biofeedback training,

3) digital massage of the levator ani muscles

4) sacral nerve stimulation

5) physical therapy for the pelvic floor muscles

Please read about this on this resource;

http://www.merck.com/mmpe/sec02/ch020/ch020g.html

Pelvic congestion syndrome, Pelvic floor relaxation disorders, Pelvic floor dysfunction too need to be considered for the pain. Though treatment is essentially same.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl