Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

If my TSH value is 6.4 now (tested 7.5 two months ago), can

If my TSH value is 6.4 now (tested 7.5 two months ago), can I consider my thyroid damaged, or slow? I don't know if I am hypothyroid or is it an external cause that makes my thyroid go like that.Thank you very much.

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Your thyroid is not producing adequate thyroid hormones and you can be considered as hypothyroid. This is not due to an external cause. This can be related to antibodies present in the body that will impair the production of thyroid hormone. You should get started on treatment with thyroid replacement therapy.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger for a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Do you have any further questions?
Did I answer your question? Please reply.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you Dr. Ravoof for your reply.I have been on Thyroxine 75mcg daily and now my doctor has recommended to increase the value to 150mcg daily for a week, then move back to 100mcg after that. Is this a good move? I don't want to create further damage by taking in 150mcg per day as I don't know what consequences this can have. Thank you.

Dear customer,

You are very welcome!

I do think that this is good advice. It is very safe for you to increase the dosage to 150 mcg for a week and then move back to 100 mcg. This won't create any injury or damage. It is not harmful in any way.

Take care.

Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Thank you.