Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

Lymphocytes is at 44%, lab range is 20-40. Monocytes is 00%

Customer Question

Lymphocytes is at 44% , lab range is 20-40 . Monocytes is 00% and range is at 2-10% . Any relevance .pl. advice . Thanks
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: Nothing . Routine CBc check .
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Age 55. Good health normally . Occasional fatigue nowadays . All blood and urine reprts in range and bilirubin always slightly higer than range . Troponin normal
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Ok. Except feeling of fatigue
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

Lymphocytes are blood cells and generally seen in areas of inflammation.

Some variation of this range is seen among labs.

Increased lymphocytes is termed as lymphocytosis when range is above this level.It can be caused due to conditions like viral infections, other infections,connective tissue diseases.

You have mild lymphocytosis at present.This can be seen in minor inflammations or recent or subclinical infection which generally do not need treatment. So I think if there are no other symptoms and if your WBC count is normal you need not worry and keep watch on these levels.

Low monocyte count is not a significant finding and does not indicate any specific disorder.
If other blood cells have normal count, then there is no cause of concern.
A high monocyte count on the other hand may indicate infection or inflammation.
Often this is a lab error. Most blood counts are done by machine.
Your doctor should repeat it and ask the lab to do it manually. Then a tech will count your wbc's. That's more accurate.
I suggest you to consult your doctor for further evaluation and management.

You should start a multivitamin supplement.
I hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.